Sunday, May 6, 2012

Lessons

I have a million thoughts running around in my head. Being pregnant can cause me to be all over the place, well at least more than normal. :) So instead of trying to make sense of one or two things and writing about those I am just going to spew it all out and see how it goes.
Today I was reminded of what a blessed woman I am. Blessed for a number of reasons, in some ways I may not even be aware of, nevertheless I am going to take a minute to express my thanks by sharing with you what was brought to light this weekend.

My husband. This weekend I was reminded of how much of a great man, husband, father he truly  is. These days its seems like you often hear about men who aren't there, who aren't faithful, who aren't good role models. Who are full of themselves, out for their own and ignorant of what it means to be a "real" man. I for one am sick of hearing it. Now I am not saying that there aren't there fair share of men who haven't royally screwed up. I mean I have had personal experience with the several of those named above, but my husband is not one of them. I don't ever question whether he will be there in the morning, if he will take an active part in his children's lives or if we will have food on the table. I know he still finds me irresistible (even 7.5 months pregnant) and looks forward to spending the rest of his life with me. He adores his daughter and isn't afraid to show it and is never ever any question of whether we will have a roof over our heads. He continues to amaze me with his ideas on how to challenge and better our lives, his willingness to change and experience new things and to never settle for less. I didn't grow up with man in my life who comes close to resembling my husband. In fact some might have assumed I would have ended up with a carbon copy of the ones that were. But by Gods grace and mercy I have got the man who defies all the odds. Thank you Jesus for your redeeming power.

My children. Yesterday, just before I went to bed, I was on Facebook checking out how people are doing on the west coast. I noticed a post from a friend who was about 34 weeks pregnant. She was at the store and her water broke and her and her husband were on their way to the hospital. Now anyone who is aware of the time line of birth knows for a healthy baby 34 weeks is still in the early stages and can cause some serious issues. However for this set of friends their little boy has a heart condition and was already given a unfavorable prognosis if he was born on time. Needless to say they sent out a request for prayer and a desire to see God work a miracle. This morning I woke up to see what the update was and sadly he was born with no heartbeat. He didn't respond to any attempts to resuscitate and he went to be with our Lord. Of course like anyone you are instantly moved and brought to tears. I prayed and then of course like any pregnant woman would, reflected on my own experience. I was blessed to have a healthy daughter 2.5 years ago and as far as we know are due to have a happy healthy boy in 2.5 months. I cannot begin to imagine what it is like to lose a child, not in utero, in birth or after any amount of time after. My heart breaks for my friends and cannot imagine the pain they are experiencing. I am then brought to thanksgiving. Thankful that I have a promise of a heavenly father who has his arms wrapped around my friends and is able to do all things. Thankful that I have healthy children and have not had to go through what my friends and so many others have. Thankful that when I get struck with fear that something like this could happen to me and I wouldn't make it through, that the Lord reminds of my how untrue that thought is.

His provision. Like I touched upon previously I am so thankful for what he has given. Today I am thankful for his financial provision. Ryan and I are apart of Samaritan Ministries, a medical share group where we are given the opportunity to share our needs with other Christians and to not only help pay for those needs but to walk with them and pray for them along the journey. Anyhow we submitted our need for the hospital bill that will total somewhere around 8 grand after all is said and done. Like with anything there is always a chance that things won't fully be covered but we received in the mail yesterday the notice that our full need has been submitted and we will receive full compensation come June! Praise the Lord! This is great news as we were only compensated 80% of the doctor bills for the prenatal care. This just took a big stress out of my mind and answered a prayer. He is faithful and continues to show me that daily.

Friends. Ok after 4 years of being in Lynchburg I have finally started to find my stride. I have some great ladies in my life and I am thankful for each of them and the role they have in my life and the lives of my family members. But I also was reminded earlier this week on a friends birthday of how blessed I am to have my friends around the world. I know some really awesome women and men who have all had seriously influential moments in my life. Some where able to be there for longer periods of time than others but all of them have special places in my mind and heart. As a 33 year old woman I can look back at times in my life where I did some crazy stuff. I wasn't always a great person, I made some stupid mistakes and paid for each of them in my own way. But as I look at Facebook, read emails and letters I have received I am aware of all the really great people who have stood by me through it all. I am thankful that friendship isn't based on location or length of time.

Ok and as usual I have hit a wall and I am exhausted. Its nap time. 8 hour nap time. I shall ramble some more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment